[Mizar32-riot] Riot-avr32 Temporary github location

Marcus cmp1084 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:17:05 CET 2020

Hi George and all,

This is a bit messy, due to great enthusiasm and poor planning when I
started.

As there is a problem with C99/C11 my bet is that we will not be able to do
the avr32 port in the Riot github tree, but will have to keep out-of-tree
on our own. So keeping up to date with Riot might be tricky. When we get
something semi-stable for the avr32 port, it might be possible to get it
in-tree with Riot again. Any ideas about this?

The repo in cmp1084 should be moved to simplemachines-it. I didnt want to
do it, since I was not sure it would work.

Quick instructions:
You need two repos (the RiotOS and the compiletest).
Get the repositories:
git clone https://github.com/cmp1084/RIOT_avr32
git clone https://github.com/cmp1084/riot_avr32_compiletest_main

Original commit I started working from the RIOT repo is:
git clone https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT
git checkout ac097bb73dc623cd4bf5deb27d5c4b82665e4f44

For your convenience I also attach a .patch for the changes I have done
from ac097bb73dc623cd4bf5deb27d5c4b82665e4f44.

1. riot_avr32_compiletest_main/
------------------------------
The application code is supposed to come from here.

File: riot_avr32_compiletest_main/Makefile
Paths for
* RIOTBASE
* PATH_AVR32_INCLUDE
* CFLAGS += -I/home/marcus/avr32/code/mizar32_riot/src
* ...
need to be updated to your locations. We should make these paths relative
somehow.

2. RIOT-avr32/
--------------------
Good starting points are:
* RIOT-avr32/boards/mizar32/ is the "board directory"
* RIOT-avr32/cpu/avr32/ is the "cpu directory"
* RIOT-avr32/makefiles/arch/avr32.inc.mk is where many of the standard
parameters from riot_avr32_compiletest_main/Makefile actually should be.
The parameters from Makefile overrides the .mk file.

The Porting boards documentation is a good reference, start there:
https://riot-os.org/api/porting-boards.html

As you can see, a lot of work remains. Just dig in! :)

Is there anything I forgot to mention? Just ask.

First thing to decide on is the naming:
Riot-avr32
Riot-Mizar32
Mizar32-Riot
etc
Which do you think we should use?
It kind of makes sense to have Riot- first, but I see Sergio of course
wants Mizar32- first ;) and I think it also makes sense.
I vote for Mizar32-riot.
Github repos should be updated when moving to simplemachines-it.

Regards,
Marcus